Welcome to the start of the fall semester! Here are some answers to frequently asked questions you may encounter as you are getting ready for the beginning of classes.
- Please do not hesitate to check the Moodle Help Guide if you are a faculty member adding new course content or transferring content from previous semesters. Many questions are answered there!
- If you are setting up Zoom sessions for your course from within Moodle, please remember it's a two-step process: Add the Zoom LTI as an External Tool, and then click into it to set up Zoom meetings that have your class name and are easily available to your students.
- If you are a faculty member ready to share your course with your students, please follow these instructions to make your course visible to them.
- Fall courses will show up in the left-hand navigation bar in Moodle by the first day of classes. You can see them in the Course overview box on your Dashboard at any time, though! Make sure that box is set to include "Future" courses if your courses are not yet in the left-hand sidebar.
- Students, courses become visible to you in Moodle only after faculty make them visible. If you cannot see a course in Moodle that you expect to see, you can check in with the faculty member; we recommend asking at the first class meeting if the course is not visible to you by then. Please also double-check your enrollment. You must be enrolled in a course for it to be made visible to you!
If you are a faculty member looking for support, the Educational Technology team will be available for appointments beginning again Tuesday, September 6. We also have drop-in support for the community Tuesday and Thursday from 12-1 PM; details are below.
Happy Labor Day!
Lindsey, Sarah, Matt, Stephanie, and Annie
LITS Educational Technology Team